Job Description: In the Commercial Insurance Sales Producer role, you must be an independent self-starter who is able to sell and develop strong business-to-business relationships. We are seeking confident professionals who are not afraid of cold-calling and developing new business. Other requirements include:
- 2+ years of previous business-to-business sales experience
- Commercial Insurance sales experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Preference given to those with existing insurance license and/or industry designations
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
- Good listening skills and ability to determine clients’ needs efficiently
The Account Executive/Outside Sales position is responsible for the identification and relationship development of key referral sources, the identification and development of leads and prospects, the production of new business sales, and the retention of the book of business through outstanding service, honesty, and integrity.
This position requires a South Carolina Property & Casualty producer license as required by the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with preferred carriers to identify underwriting guidelines and appetite for target/niche markets.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a business plan that aligns with the agency’s strategic goal.
- Solicit and sell new insurance accounts to meet both individual sales objectives and the agency strategic sales objectives.
- Renew existing accounts, re-market as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing markets and underwriting criteria for our preferred carriers.
- Meet agency expectations for level of service.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key referral sources.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Actively engage and participate in community networking events and organizations.
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with assigned CSR(s) and/or Account Manager(s) through teamwork.
- Participate in sales meetings and in-house training as requested.
- Adhere to the Agency Guidelines Manual and respective core processes in order to minimize E&O exposure to the agency.
- Maintain necessary licenses and required continuing education for license renewal.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission