Many businesses depend on commercial auto insurance to protect their company vehicles and employees while on the road. If you’re looking for the best commercial auto insurance in Charleston, SC, KSA Insurance specializes in helping local businesses find affordable auto insurance policies that meet their coverage needs.
To find the best auto insurance for your business, it’s important to consider your company’s needs and compare multiple insurance companies to find the best offer available.
Here’s everything you need to know about finding the best commercial auto insurance in Charleston, SC.
What is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance covers your company-owned vehicles. Much like personal auto insurance covers your vehicle against collisions and other hazards, commercial auto insurance covers vehicles owned by your business that are used for business purposes.
Commercial auto insurance can help cover repair and replacement costs, legal expenses, and medical bills if you or an employee is involved in an accident while driving a company-owned vehicle.
What Does it Cover?
Commercial auto insurance includes several coverages to protect you against a variety of risks, including:
- Liability: Liability coverage protects you and your business if you or an employee cause bodily injury or property damage to another person while driving a company-owned vehicle.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage: If you or an employee are involved in an accident that is caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, this coverage can help cover the damages.
- Medical payments: Medical payments coverage can help pay for medical expenses up to your coverage limit when you, an employee, or your passengers are injured in an auto accident.
- Collision coverage: Collision coverage helps cover repair expenses when your vehicle is damaged in an auto collision, regardless of who was at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive coverage can help pay for damages when your vehicle is damaged by something other than another vehicle (e.g. vandalism, extreme weather events, theft, etc.)
- Rental reimbursement: Rental reimbursement coverage helps cover the costs of a rental vehicle if your company-owned vehicle is damaged in an accident.
Commercial auto insurance primarily covers company-owned vehicles but may also cover employees’ personal vehicles, rental vehicles, and borrowed vehicles that are used for business purposes. To find out more about What Does a Commercial Auto Insurance Policy Cover? you can read our blog here.
How Does Commercial Auto Insurance Work
There are four key elements to keep in mind when shopping for car insurance policies:
- Coverage: Some coverages, like liability coverage, are required in most states, while other coverages, like comprehensive coverage, are often optional.
- Policy limit: Your policy limit is the maximum amount of money that your insurance will pay to cover damages resulting from a covered accident.
- Deductible: The policy’s deductible is the amount you have to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance covers any expenses.
- Monthly Premium: Your premium is the monthly fee you must pay to retain coverage.
Once you purchase an auto insurance policy, you’ll begin paying a monthly premium to maintain coverage. Your premium is largely based on your coverages, coverage limits, and risk factors (e.g. number of vehicles, number of employees, driving record, etc.)
If you are involved in a covered accident, you’ll have to pay your deductible before your insurance covers any expenses. After paying your deductible, your insurance will pay for covered expenses up to your policy’s coverage limits.
How to Find the Best Commercial Auto Insurance in Charleston, SC
To find the best commercial auto insurance policy, it’s important to carefully consider your coverage needs and closely compare multiple insurance providers.
Consider your coverage needs
Before shopping for auto insurance, you should be sure to consider what coverages you need and how much coverage you need. A KSA Insurance agent can help you understand how much coverage you are legally required to have and help you find a policy that meets these requirements.
While some coverages, like comprehensive coverage, are often optional, they provide additional coverage that can protect businesses against significant damages.
It’s also important to ensure your policy covers the type of vehicles your company uses. Commercial auto insurance typically covers the following types of vehicles:
- Box trucks
- Food trucks
- Pickup trucks
- Utility trucks
If you’re not sure whether an insurer covers the type of vehicle your company uses, make sure to ask before purchasing a policy.
Request a Quote
Any business that owns and operates vehicles needs commercial auto insurance to protect itself, its employees, and its vehicles from damages while on and off the road. By understanding coverage requirements and comparing providers to find the best rates, you can find an affordable auto insurance policy that meets your coverage needs.
At KSA Insurance, we work with small businesses in South Carolina and across the southeastern United States to help them find comprehensive commercial auto insurance policies.
Contact us today to request a quote and learn more about commercial auto insurance in Charleston, SC.