For individuals moving away from their home countries for an extended period of time, Cigna international health insurance can provide you with the coverage you need to ensure your medical needs are met while living abroad.
Cigna international health policies are flexible and customizable, so you can create a personalized plan that meets your coverage and financial needs. With a Cigna Global health policy, you’ll have access to Cigna’s worldwide network of doctors and medical facilities, so you can receive high-quality medical care from nearly anywhere in the world.
Here’s everything you need to know about Cigna international health insurance.
What is International Health Insurance?
International health insurance provides health coverage for individuals planning to live outside of their home countries for longer than six months. In these cases, travel insurance policies typically won’t provide the comprehensive coverage you need while living abroad.
Through your international health insurance policy, you’ll gain access to a global network of doctors, hospitals, and care providers to ensure you always have access to high-quality medical services — even if your local healthcare system isn’t up to par.
Cigna International Health Insurance Plan Benefits
Cigna international health plans offer three levels of coverage: Silver, Gold, and Platinum — each of which offers varying benefits and coverage limits. However, no matter what plan you choose, you’ll have access to several standard benefits, including:
- Customizable deductibles: Cigna members can choose their deductibles to ensure their plan’s cost meets their financial needs.
- Inpatient care: All plans include coverage for inpatient care services, including essential hospital stays and treatments.
- Mental healthcare: Cigna international plans include coverage for mental healthcare, including treatment for mental health conditions, disorders, and addiction.
- Area of coverage options: Members can choose from two areas of coverage options, including Worldwide Coverage or Worldwide Coverage, Excluding the U.S.
- Global health assist: Cigna members have access to full medical support, including 24/7 multilingual support services.
- Online customer area: All members have access to a secure online customer area where they can access important plan documents and information.
Cigna Global health plans include several other benefits to help members get the most out of their policies, ranging from global telehealth services to newborn care services.
How to Build a Cigna International Health Plan
Cigna international health plans are flexible and customizable, making it easy to create a plan tailored to your personal needs.
Follow these steps to create a comprehensive with Cigna Global:
- Choose your plan level: Silver, Gold, or Platinum. Silver plans have a $1,000,000 benefit limit, while Gold plans have a $2,000,000 limit, and Platinum plans offer an unlimited benefit limit.
- Choose the coverage area that best suits your needs. You can choose worldwide coverage, including or excluding the United States. If you choose to exclude the United States, you can still receive limited emergency health benefits while visiting the U.S.
- Select the optional modules that you want to add to your plan. Optional modules may include health and vision coverage, outpatient coverage, or health and wellbeing services. Each optional module that you add to your plan has benefit limits and flexible deductible options.
- Adjust your premium as needed by choosing a deductible and coinsurance option that best suits your needs. Higher deductibles and coinsurance options will lower your premium in exchange for higher out-of-pocket costs.
- Choose whether you want to pay your premium monthly, quarterly, or annually. Choosing to pay quarterly or annually will typically lower your premium.
Building a personalized health plan with Cigna Global is as easy as following these five steps.
How Much Does Cigna International Health Insurance Cost?
Typically, Cigna international health plans cost $4,000 to $6,000 per year. However, costs can vary significantly depending on several factors, including:
- Coverage level
- Area of coverage
- Optional modules
Cigna international health policies are very customizable, making it easy for members to adjust their plan as needed to keep costs low.
Request a Quote
Individuals planning to live abroad for six months or longer need international health insurance to ensure they have access to high-quality medical care while outside of their home countries. Cigna international health insurance policies offer comprehensive, flexible coverage to members around the world.
At KSA Insurance, we work with individuals in South Carolina and across the southeastern United States to help them find affordable international health insurance plans that meet their coverage needs.
Contact us today to get a quote and learn more about Cigna international health insurance.